FYI; These products were given to me to try for free but there was no obligation for me to review them, and Amphora Aromatics have not seen this post before I publish it.
I have always been somewhat slapdash with my skincare routine* and but I’ve recently been encouraged to take a bit more care of my skin now I’m getting a bit older…
*occasionally rubs facewipe across face before bed
A little while back, I was invited to an event at Bristol-based company, Amphora Aromatics, and I was given three products to try at home, Frankincense and Rose moisturising lotion, Botanical Boost Shampoo Bar and Pure Pleasure Body Lotion. After using them for many weeks now, here are my thoughts.
- Perfect for use at home, the gym or for travelling. One less liquid to fly with!
- Minimal, recyclable packaging, just a small, cardboard box and no plastic
- Quickly gives a luxurious, scented lather which leaves hair soft
- Gentle enough to use in place of body wash
- I still needed conditioner
- I would have liked to be able to buy a tin to keep it in when going to the gym etc as at the moment I have to put it in a plastic bag which isn’t ideal. I’ve not been able to find a tin quite the right size
- Beautiful scent
- Quickly absorbed
- Long-lasting moisture
- Doesn’t contain any SPF, so wearing separate SPF may negate the need for moisturiser
- Plastic bottle (Is it recyclable?)
- Heavenly scent
- Rich texture
- Not moisturising enough to be used after showering. I found my skin felt dry again after a few hours. I use it before bed instead, or to top up during the day.
- Plastic bottle
I loved all three products and have no hesitation in recommending them.